Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ang-Ray and the last days of school

I've been absent from the blogosphere because I've had an unusual (well, for me) amount of stuff to do in the real world (or IRL for you true internet junkies). School has been done for a while, and in fact all I do all day is sign yearbooks, make jokes, play my guitar and sleep.
This is English IV AP believe it or not.

It's nice to wind down though, high school has been crazy. I won't wax nostalgic (yet anyway), so I only say that to establish that I have a lot of free time so that maybe you'll understand why things like this next part happen:

CAUTION VEGETARIANS! THE MEAT OF THE ENTRY FOLLOWS:


So today was Senior checkout, which for those uninitiated marks the official last day for Seniors. All you do is get everyone to sign a sheet saying you owe the school nothing, and your grades are locked and theres nothing you can do except graduate. It starts at 8 and takes about 10 seconds. Kim, James, Kayla and I all finished and decided to go to Starbucks. (Side note: Black Tea Lemonade is a prime example of what scientists are referring to as "delicious") We just sat at the bar for a while talking and joking around while I glanced over the bulletin board. If you've never been in a Starbucks (in which case I wonder how you've been on the internet and not at a Starbucks), then you may recall the giant bulletin board where people put stuff. On this bulletin board was an ad that said "Astros Tickets: Pairs available for Boston Games" and a listing of prices for tickets and game dates. In the lower left corner of the bulletin board is a very large bullet that reads "board is for information only, not for selling things" Noticing an opportunity for mischief, I decide to call "Ray" about his baseball tickets. voice mail picks up and I leave the following message:

"Look here Ray, I'm at starbucks and the bulletin board clearly says in the lower left corner 'board is for information only, not for selling things', I don't know if you were standing in such a way that it fell in your blindspot, or perhaps you're missing your left eye, in which case I am sorry, but you astros tickets are very clearly things, and thus selling them is in direct violation of the board! Good day!"

So I thought I made it pretty clear that I couldn't possibly be serious, but no less than 1 minute later my phone rings.

It's Ray.

I let voicemail pick it up, and receive the following message:

"Hey Chris, it's Ray, hey I'm really sorry about the board, I didn't realize it was such a big deal, but I don't appreciate your attitude about the whole thing, you could've just told me politely to take it down, you didn't have to be a jerk about it, anyway I gotta get going" *click*

So Ray didn't catch on that I was joking. Rather than exacerbate the problem, I just left him a note on the board that said:

"Ray,

Hey I was just kidding, I don't think anyone is really offended by you trying to sell Astro's tickets.

~Chris

P.s. Knock $50 off Thursdays game and call me"








2 comments:

Michael said...

If you aren't a blogger next year then the world will be a sad place.

Seriously, excellent writer, keep it up!

Shruthi said...

:) :) :)

How've you been? Long time!